Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 3

Tonight was my final for the Wilton Basic Cake Decorating class. We were to bake, level, stack, frost and completely design/decorate a 2 layer 8 inch round cake. I had no idea what design I was going to do because I was so scared to do the roses. I had yet to even ATTEMPT these. Believe it or not, they were very intimidating and I was scared, lol. So once I made a couple in class, I decided they were not so bad. I mean, with practice I can get these down no problem!
So I made a few roses, piped in some leaves and monogrammed my business name (CSE= Custom Sweets & Eats). I made my border icing a little think and had some trouble getting the dots to round off right, but overall I think I did an okay job. Later this week, I am hoping to do the Zebra cake I mentioned previously as well as a Chocolate Espresso cake with peanut butter butter cream frosting and chocolate glaze drizzled over the top. Till next time,
HAPPY BAKING!



No comments:

Post a Comment